Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sock Monkey...and The Toy Society!

I suppose I should just tell what Toy Society is first, that way you don't forget why I randomly added that in at the end of the tutorial. I am sure some of you know what it is already, but for those who don't, here goes.
It is pretty much, people making handmade toys, and leaving them in public places for perfect strangers to find. Here is a link to learn more about what it is, and how it got started: click here to learn more!

Anyways, I first saw this on this blog, Delilah's Momma - Work, Play, Sew, Eat., and thought it was such a neat thing to do. It could really brighten someone's day, or just give them something new to play with.

On to the sock monkey. (I honestly need to get a battery for my new camera!) I don't have any pictures of it as I was going along, and I honestly had the hardest time finding an actual tutorial on the web. I wish I had saved it or something, because I would just link that up for the pictures and such.

Here is a picture of it finished.  The first thing you will need to do is get a pair of knee high socks, I got mine from Kohl's, but when I was in at Deb's with my sister getting her Prom dress, I noticed they had tons in all different designs and colors.
Take one of the socks and turn it inside out, then line it up so that the heel is centered

No comments:

Post a Comment